Friday, June 14, 2019

Kay's Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

If you like buffalo chicken and enchiladas, you will love them together!

The other day, I had made a very large batch of my World Famous Buffalo Chicken and I decided that rather than freeze it for later as I usually do, I was going to try to come up with a creative new way to use it.  I already knew that my family was into different uses of buffalo chicken as we often order buffalo chicken quesadillas from our local diner and we have all enjoyed buffalo chicken pizza on occasion.  But I wanted to try something completely new and different.  I had a large package of burrito sized flour tortillas laying around from our last taco night and then I thought, why not combine two of our favorite dishes into one?  Buffalo Chicken and Enchiladas!  

Here are the ingredients I used:
  • 20 oz. Kay's World Famous Buffalo Chicken
  • 6 large burrito sized Flour Tortillas
  • 1 10 oz. can of Enchilada Sauce
  • 1 16 oz. container (2 cups) Sour Cream, plus extra for topping
  • 2 tbsp. Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix
  • 1 16 oz. package (4 cups) Shredded Cheese 
  • Shredded Lettuce for topping

This recipe really couldn't be much easier to make.  If you already have your Kay's World Famous Buffalo Chicken prepared, you're halfway there.  (How many times can I link that recipe in this post before it becomes obnoxious?  Have we already hit that point? 😬)  Anyway, you're going to want to start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.  Then, get a large bowl and combine your sour cream with the ranch seasoning.

Next, add the buffalo chicken and 2 cups of the shredded cheese to the sour cream mixture and set aside.  Prepare a casserole dish for the enchiladas by pouring in just enough of the enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of the pan.  (This will prevent the enchiladas from burning and sticking to the casserole dish during baking.)
Evenly distribute your filling mixture between your six tortillas and roll them up.  Place them "seam side down" in your prepared casserole dish.
Top the enchiladas with the remainder of the can of enchilada sauce.
And then the remainder of the cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
And then, because you're creating a post for your blog, and you need the plated enchilada to look pretty, resist the temptation to dig right in.  The hot enchiladas will be ooey and gooey and will fall apart if you try to lift them out of the pan before they have cooled off.  (Normally, my family skips this step.  We'll just cut a piece of enchilada, scoop it out with a spoon if necessary and enjoy.)  But, that would not look very appetizing in a picture, so I did wait for the enchiladas to properly cool before very carefully removing them to plates and choosing the prettiest, most held-together enchilada for the photo shoot.  I then topped with a little shredded lettuce and sour cream because first, it looks pretty, but second, they definitely help to cool down the heat of the buffalo and enchilada sauces used in this recipe.  I think she looks pretty, don't you?
-Kay




No comments:

Post a Comment