Friday, May 31, 2019

Kay’s World Famous Buffalo Chicken Recipe

Kay’s Buffalo Chicken is a great base for other recipes.
Today I wanted to share with you my very simple recipe for buffalo chicken, which is the base I use for my World Famous Buffalo Chicken Dip.  And in case you're wondering, yes, my Buffalo Chicken Dip really is world famous.  Every Single Person I know that has tried it has loved it and it is ALWAYS what I am asked to bring to parties.  The people that love this recipe mean the world to me, they are my world. That is why I confidently say that my buffalo chicken dip is world famous. 

Anyway. back to the recipe. I have been asked to share my buffalo chicken dip recipe more times than I can count and I really think that the reason it is so popular is because of the fresh chicken base. It’s such a simple concept and let’s be honest - Buffalo Chicken Dip itself is a very easy recipe. I mean, I. D.o.n.t expect any culinary awards for this, but I do think that spending a little extra time and effort using fresh chicken instead of canned is really the element that puts this recipe over the top.

So, let’s get started. You will need a fairly big package of boneless, skinless chicken. I have found that there is no noticeable difference in taste between thigh or breast meat, so just use whatever you have on hand or whichever is on sale at your local grocery store. Depending on how much you want to make, you can use as little as a pound, but I always like to make extra to freeze for later use. However much chicken you decide to make, just throw it in a pot of boiling water and leave it until it’s no longer pink in the center. When the chicken is done boiling, take it out of the pot, one piece at a time, shredding each piece of chicken with two forks as you go. Set aside for later.


Next, we’ll need to weigh the shredded chicken and separate it out into 10 oz. portions. I always make two pans of my buffalo chicken dip so I’ll be working with 20 oz. of chicken. Feel free to follow along or cut this recipe in half if you only want 10 oz. of this chicken or double or triple it if you’re really into buffalo chicken.



Make sure you zero out your kitchen scale with your bowl on it before adding the chicken.
Once you have your shredded chicken portioned out, you’ll want to heat up a big sauté pan on your stove top and get ready to add the other key ingredient that makes this recipe so delicious. It’s a simple ingredient that doesn’t have a strong flavor that you’d ever be able to pick out of this recipe, but it really does make all the difference in the overall flavor profile. 

Here’s a hint...


Did you know it was going to be butter? I think a little bit of butter makes just about everything taste better. Aside from the fresh chicken, butter is the real MVP in this recipe. You will need a half of a stick of real, sweet cream butter for every 10 oz. of chicken. Once the butter is completely melted, go ahead and dump your shredded chicken into the pan and let it just soak in that sweet butter bath for a little bit.



Oh, Sweet, Dreamy Melted Butter...
I don’t think I’ve ever been so jealous of some chicken.
At some point, you’ll have to stop dreaming about kicking back in a tub full of hot, melted butter and go ahead and stir the chicken and butter together to evenly incorporate that buttery flavor throughout. When you’re done stirring the chicken and butter together, your next step will be to add the buffalo flavor, in the form of Frank’s Red Hot sauce. You will need 3/4 cup for every 10 oz. of chicken.


Now, stir together the chicken and buffalo sauce and let it simmer for a little bit so the chicken can soak in that spicy buffalo flavor. You’ll know it’s been long enough when your nostrils start burning from the spicy scent spreading through your kitchen. And that’s it! You now have  homemade buffalo chicken that can be used to make Kay’s World Famous Buffalo Chicken Dip or any other recipe that calls for shredded buffalo chicken.  I hope you enjoy this simple recipe as much as my family does.

-Kay


















No comments:

Post a Comment