Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Quick Tip Tuesday - Label Your Cake Pans

The bottom of one of  my well-used Wilton cake pans

Raise your hand if you keep the directions that come with your cake pans, telling you what size they are and how much batter you should use in them and for how long and at what temperature you should bake your cakes in them. And if you’re raising your hand right now, do you also store the direction sheet neatly near the cake pan so that it is easily accessible when you need it? Not you? Anyone you know? Anyone? No? Yeah, me neither.
Because in the timeless words of Sweet Brown: “Ain’t Nobody Got Time For That”.

That’s why I’m sharing this picture with you as part of today’s Quick Tip Tuesday. Way back when, when I first thought I was going to be one of those amazing cake decorators you see on the Food Network Challenges, I went out and bought myself some good Wilton cake pans. We are talking a good 15 years or so. (By the way, Food Network, I’m not mad at you, we can still work something out. Just give me a call.) Anyway, as I was saying, I have had most of my cake pans for a good 15 years or more. And when I first got them, I didn’t want to get rid of the directions that were stuck on them just in case I might ever need them (yes, I’m totally one of those people, a trait which makes me both endearing and annoying to my hubby). But, again, as I was saying, I knew that I wanted to keep the directions but not the sheet of paper they were on. So, I decided to grab a Sharpie and write down all the information I felt was important on the bottom of the pan. Over the years, this has come in handy for me and after all this time, this is still what the bottom of this pan looks like. The marker has begun to fade a little bit in some areas, but the pan has also been baked and washed many times. If the fading gets much worse, it will be very easy for me to touch it up, but so far I have not had to.

I hope this quick tip was helpful to you and if anybody has contact info for the Food Network, please let them know I’d like to speak to them. 🤣    -Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment